It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holiday season is finally here and with that means parties galore. If you are looking for the best way to serve a holiday crowd with more than just a boring bottle of beer, look no further than this list that compiles the best cocktail recipes for the holiday season.
A raspberry sparkler is one of the most irresistible holiday cocktails this season. Absolutely beautiful on its own, thanks to its gorgeous colour, take it to the next level by serving it up on a cocktail glass with a sugar rim to make for a delicious sweet treat. With tiny bubbles and crisp flavours of citrus, apple and yeasty notes, Trius Brut is one of our sparkling white wine favourites. It appeals to almost everyone and fits almost every occasion, especially this holiday season. You can pick up a bottle of it at The Wine Shop! This cocktail is super simple and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. We guarantee that your guests will love it! Here’s how to do it: Yield: 6 servings Ingredients:
- 3 cups cran-raspberry juice, chilled
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 750ml bottle Trius Brut, chilled
- 6 thin slices lime
- Fresh raspberries
1. Combine cran-raspberry juice and lime juice in a pitcher; stir well.
2. Pour 1/2 cup juice mixture into each of 6 champagne glasses; top with chilled Trius Brut.
3. Garnish with fresh raspberries and lime slices.
If you’re on the hunt for a warm, delicious, hug-in-a-mug, look no further than this mulled wine recipe. It’s easy, delicious, and will make you feel super cozy too! It’s perfect for the holiday season and will also make the house smell amazing as it simmers on your stovetop or slow cooker. To make things even better, mulled wine is super easy to make. You simply toss everything into a pot, set it on low, and let it simmer. Once everything is warmed up, it’s ready to serve to your holiday party. In terms of which wine will work best, we recommend using a wine that you like to drink. If you don’t know, invite lots of friends and family over and make a series of batches until you find the one that works best (plus, we’ll take any excuse to drink wine). We find that Pinot Noirs work really well, but something like a Shiraz or any Italian red would work wonderfully, too. You can even combine a sweeter wine with a drier one to find your perfect mix. When making this recipe, keep in mind that you only want the mixture to warm up enough to simmer. You don’t want to boil it since the last thing you want to do is cook off some of the alcohol! Yield: 10 servings Ingredients:
- 2 bottles red wine
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oranges sliced
- 8 whole cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- Additional cinnamon sticks and orange slices for garnish
1. Combine the cider, wine, brandy, honey, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, cloves, and peppercorns in a large pot.
2. Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Remove cloves and peppercorns.
4. Serve in heatproof glasses or mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and/or orange slice.
Jingle Juice Holiday Punch
This jingle juice recipe is a holiday party must have. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing, it’s also incredibly delicious and super easy to make! Craft this perfect cocktail by combining simple ingredients and everyone at your holiday party will be asking you for the recipe. For those who have a soft spot for fruity drinks, this recipe is definitely up your alley. A base of cherry vodka makes the foundation of this festive jolly drink. It can be combined in a matter of minutes and can easily serve a large crowd. This cocktail is also super adaptable and can even be served at your New Year’s party. Here’s how to do it. Yield: 20 servings
- 1 bottle (750ml) Cherry Vodka
- 1 bottle Pink Champagne or Sparkling Rosé
- 1 (2 litre) bottle Cherry 7-up
- Cranberries and apples for garnish (optional)
1. In a punch bowl or large pitcher filled with ice, combine all of the ingredients.
2. Stir well.
3. Serve over ice and garnish with cranberries and apples.
There you have it! Now that another Christmas has come and gone, you can kick it back and enjoy the festivities while ringing in the new year with your loved ones with an amazing cocktail in hand.